Teenager arranges his own murder on net

first_imgA 14-year-old boy has appeared in court, charged with plotting his own murder. John, 14, used multiple personalities on the internet to convince Mark, 16, to stab him when they met up in Greater Manchester last June. The boys’ real names have not been disclosed to the press. John used a number of different characters on the internet and became friends with Mark after meeting him in chat rooms. One of John’s false personas – a 42 year-old woman claiming to work for MI5 – told Mark he had to murder his friend. He was told to say, “I love you bro” as he carried out the attack and was promised sexual favours and money if he was successful. After the stabbing John was left critically ill in hospital, although he has now recovered. He is said to have been having difficulties in school and was unsure about his sexuality. Both boys have been put under supervision orders.ARCHIVE: 5th week TT 2004last_img read more

Read more

2021-05-03

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Improvised Explosive Device Investigation

first_imgAt approximately 7:55 am on Tuesday, May 17, 2016 a letter containing a suspicious device was discovered at the US Post Office located at 600 Cross Valley Circle.United States Postal Service (USPS) authorities then placed the suspicious device in a safe area outside of their facility and called the police. USPS employees were moved from the area to a safe zone inside of the building.The EPD’s Hazardous Devices Unit (HDU) responded to the scene and deployed their robot to examine the device. X-rays and photographs taken of the device indicated it appeared to be constructed in a manner that was consistent with an improvised explosive device (IED).In was determined that the safest method of disabling the device was to utilize a disrupter charge on it and render it safe in place. A stand-off pit was dug and the device was placed in the pit by the robot.Traffic adjacent to the post office was shut down by the EPD when the HDU prepared to render the device safe. HDU members then placed the disrupter charge on the device and remotely detonated the device in order to render it safe.HDU members then confirmed through the robot cameras and then by visual inspection that the device had been disabled. Remaining fragments were collected and turned over to Investigators with the USPS for further testing and follow up investigation. The USPS resumed its normal business at approximately 12 noon.The investigation into the origin of the suspicious package will be conducted by USPS Investigators. The USPS Public Information Officer is Adel Valdez and he can be contacted at 502-210-4114.FacebookTwitterCopy LinkEmailSharelast_img read more

Read more

2021-05-03

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Gov Wolf Thanks Pennsylvania’s Food Banks for Helping Those in Need

first_img SHARE Email Facebook Twitter Press Release,  Public Health Governor Tom Wolf is thanking food banks, farmers, volunteers and others across the state for helping to feed Pennsylvania families during the pandemic. Today, the governor visited the York County Food Bank’s East York Emergency Food Hub, which provides groceries to approximately 2,000 families each Tuesday from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.“Pennsylvania’s network of food banks is helping to provide fresh and nutritious meals for Pennsylvania families as the state safely reopens,” said Gov. Wolf. “I want to thank all of the volunteers, farmers, food producers, non-profits and businesses that are donating and supporting food banks across the state.”The York County Food Bank has provided 2.4 million meals and volunteers donated more than 4,000 hours at drive-thru, walk-thru and pop-up distribution at locations throughout the county since the COVID-19 pandemic started.“We are very thankful that Governor Wolf has chosen to take time out of his busy schedule to visit the York County Food Bank and see firsthand our operations,” said Jennifer Brillhart, President & CEO, York County Food Bank. “Our staff and volunteers have been working hard to meet the increased demand for food due to the COVID-19 pandemic and we are incredibly grateful for the support of Governor Wolf and the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture for providing us with the resources to meet the critical need.”The Wolf Administration has invested in several initiatives to address food insecurity, including $50 million through the USDA’s Farmers to Families Food Box program to purchase surplus milk and other dairy products, chicken, pork and fresh produce from Pennsylvania farmers who lost markets for their products because of the COVID-19 pandemic, and $40 million in funding through the federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act to support Pennsylvania’s dairy industry and food security programs, following months of uncertainty and loss from the COVID-19 pandemic.Specifically, $15 million will provide an opportunity for dairy farmers to receive direct relief payments and $5 million will go to reimburse farmers donating dairy products through the Pennsylvania Agricultural Surplus System (PASS). This Department of Agriculture program helps food producers donate safe food to food banks and be reimbursed for harvesting, processing, packaging and transporting costs of donated food.An additional $15 million will be used for cash grants to counties for the purchase and distribution of food to low income individuals through the State Food Purchase Program and $5 million will go to the PASS program to reimburse the agricultural industry for the costs involved in harvesting, processing, packaging and transporting food that they donate to the charitable food system.Visitors to food banks can get groceries through June 25 without providing financial eligibility under the Disaster Household Distribution program, through The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP). The Department of Agriculture estimates that in 2020, $80 million in food will be distributed through Pennsylvania’s charitable food system in all 67 counties, using the state’s allocation of federal TEFAP funds. More food security resources are available here.“I was proud to meet the volunteers at the York County Food Bank and thank them for their efforts to help our neighbors in need,” said Gov. Wolf. “They exemplify the spirit in community after community to help families keep food on the table as we all work together to safely move Pennsylvania forward.”Ver esta página en español. Gov Wolf Thanks Pennsylvania’s Food Banks for Helping Those in Needcenter_img June 23, 2020last_img read more

Read more

2020-10-16

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

McGrath clear for Six Nations duty

first_img Loosehead prop McGrath was cited after his Leinster’s 24-11 victory in Dublin on Saturday, where he was found guilty of foul play. The disciplinary committee deemed McGrath’s actions deliberate and initially handed down a five-week ban – but reduced the punishment due to his “unblemished playing record”. Press Association “The disciplinary committee’s view was that the player’s actions had been deliberate and that the player’s actions were at the mid-range of World Rugby’s sanctions for foul play,” read part of the Pro12 statement. “In light of compelling mitigating factors, including the player’s unblemished playing record, together with his conduct at the hearing, the disciplinary committee determined that the player should be suspended for a period of three weeks.” McGrath will be free to return to action on Sunday, January 25, missing Leinster’s two final pool stage matches in the European Champions Cup. The 25-year-old will be available for Ireland’s preparations in the build-up to their Six Nations opener in Italy on February 7 however. McGrath’s continued Six Nations availability will ease any pressure on Cian Healy as the Leinster prop battles towards full fitness after a lengthy injury absence. British and Irish Lions prop Healy tore his hamstring in September but could yet be fit to feature in Leinster’s European matches at the end of the month. Welsh disciplinary officers Roger Morris and Rhian Williams and England’s John Doubleday formed the committee that oversaw McGrath’s hearing on Wednesday. center_img Jack McGrath will be free to play in Ireland’s full RBS 6 Nations campaign after receiving a three-week ban for stamping in Leinster’s Pro12 victory over Ulster. last_img read more

Read more

2020-09-20

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

  • Recent Posts

  • Recent Comments

    • Archives

    • Categories

    • Meta

    • Tags