Cassadaga School Chemistry Lab Spontaneously Catches Fire Tuesday

first_imgShare:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window) Stock ImageSINCLAIRVILLE – A Chemistry Lab at Cassadaga Valley Central School District caught fire spontaneous on Tuesday morning.The Chautauqua County Sheriff’s Office Fire Investigation Team says HAZMAT crews responded to the school just after 11:30 a.m. after the fire alarm activated from a lab within the building.Firefighters determined a small fire inside the lab put it self out before crews arrived.Through investigation, firefighters say an amount of flash paper that was being stored in a plastic tote appears to have ignited by spontaneous combustion. Flash paper, crews say, is special tissue paper that when dry is highly flammable and can be ignited for a quick flash of fire. Flash paper is often used in theater productions or by magicians.The fire has been ruled accidental.The Sinclairville Fire Department was assisted by Gerry and Cassadaga Fire Department’s along with the County HAZMAT team.last_img


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  • Recent Posts

  • Recent Comments

    • Archives

    • Categories

    • Meta

    • Tags